As defined by The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language: 4th edition 1. The overall condition of an organism at a given time. 2. Soundness, especially of body or mind; freedom from disease or abnormality. This section focuses on topics related to human or animal health, and medicine. Environmental health topics may be found at Science-Environment-Environmental_Health. Other related categories include: Business-Healthcare Shopping-Health and Society-Issues-Health Health.
The definition of health has evolved over time. In keeping with the biomedical perspective, early definitions of health focused on the theme of the body's ability to function; health was seen as a state of normal function that could be disrupted from time to time by disease. (wikipedia)
- Health The level of functional and metabolic efficiency of a living organism. In humans it is the...
- Health care The maintenance or improvement of health via the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease...
- Public health Public health refers to "the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting...
- Health care compared The organization of people, institutions, and resources that deliver health care services to meet...
- Health care industry An aggregation and integration of sectors within the economic system that provides goods and...
- Health economics A branch of economics concerned with issues related to efficiency, effectiveness, value and...
- Health law The federal, state, and local law, rules, regulations and other jurisprudence among providers...
- Environmental health The branch of public health that is concerned with all aspects of the natural and built...
- Health (application) An application announced by Apple Inc. at their Worldwide Developers Conference 2014.
- Health (1959 TV series) An Australian television series aired in 1959 on ABC. It was an educational series intended to be...
- Fashion health A form of massage parlor which circumvents Japanese anti-prostitution laws by offering a range of...
- Health On the Net Foundation www
Guides lay persons and non-medical users and medical practitioners to useful and reliable online medical and health information. the Net Foundation. Provides leadership in setting ethical standards for Web site developers.
- WebMD www
Resource for consumers, WebMD, physicians, nurses, and educators. Includes news, chat forums, health quizzes and consumer product updates.
- Find AOL Health www
Find advice, Health, information about diseases and drugs, fitness tips, and news items. AOL Health.
- Features BBC Health www
Features current news plus archives, Health, guides by subject, "Ask a Doctor", searchable conditions database, message board, and e-mail newsletter subscription. BBC Health.
- Harvard InteliHealth www
Harvard Medical School's consumer health information, InteliHealth, journal databases, a medical dictionary, FAQs on latest news and live forums. InteliHealth.
- Publication Journal of Addictive Diseases www
Publication of the American Society of Addiction Medicine. Addictive Diseases. Offers articles online in PDF format. Journal of Addictive Diseases.
- Journal Addiction Today www
Journal devoted to evidence based treatment for all forms of addiction and dependency. Today. Includes a list of treatment centres and self help information. Addiction Today.
- Discussion Death, Aging and Rejuvenation www
Discussion of possible causes of aging, Aging and Rejuvenation, methods of rejuvenation, and animation tools by Aleksandr Kavokin, MD, PhD. Death, Aging and Rejuvenation.
- Archive Science of Aging Knowledge Environment www
Archive of news, Aging Knowledge Environment, commentaries, disease case studies, databases, and other resources pertaining to aging-related research. Science of Aging Knowledge Environment.
- CEAH Centers for Epidemiology and Animal Health www
CEAH is an organization that aims to produce timely, for Epidemiology and Animal Health, factual information and knowledge about animal health and improve international disease surveillance. Centers for Epidemiology and Animal Health.
- Federation Animal Health, Emerging Animal Disease (AHEAD) www
Federation of American Scientists' project for proactive surveillance of zoonoses and other animal diseases. Health, Emerging Animal Disease (AHEAD). Includes information on rabies, West Nile fever, ehrlichiosis, equine encephalitis, anthrax, Pfiesteria, "mad cow" disease, deformed frogs, and diseases of both wildlife and farm animals. Animal Health, Emerging Animal Disease (AHEAD).
- Offering Beautynet www
Offering articles and related stories, Beautynet, plus a directory of beauty salons. Beautynet.
- A Fashion Sense www
A professional look at personal style. Sense. Analysis for color, body frame and other information Fashion Sense.
- TV PBS: Children's Hospital www
TV series examines kids, Children's Hospital, families, and doctors, coming to terms with injury, serious illness, and dying. PBS: Children's Hospital.
- Includes Kids Health www
Includes articles, Health, animations, games, and health resources for parents, teens, and children. Kids Health.
- Site Malapedia www
Site in 9 languages provides a reference to all diseases identified to date by the World Health Organization. Malapedia. Includes forums. Malapedia.
- Alexa: Health
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Health
- DMOZ: Health
dmoz.org Directory: Health