As defined by The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language: 4th edition 1. The overall condition of an organism at a given time. 2. Soundness, especially of body or mind; freedom from disease or abnormality. This section focuses on topics related to human or animal health, and medicine. Environmental health topics may be found at Science-Environment-Environmental_Health. Other related categories include: Business-Healthcare Shopping-Health and Society-Issues-Health Health.
The definition of health has evolved over time. In keeping with the biomedical perspective, early definitions of health focused on the theme of the body's ability to function; health was seen as a state of normal function that could be disrupted from time to time by disease. (wikipedia)
- Health The level of functional or metabolic efficiency of a living organism. In humans it is the...
- Health care The maintenance or improvement of health via the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease...
- Public health Public health refers to "the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting...
- Health care compared Brief comparison chart of several systems.
- Health care industry An aggregation of sectors within the economic system that provides goods and services to treat...
- Health economics A branch of economics concerned with issues related to efficiency, effectiveness, value and...
- Health law The federal, state, and local law, rules, regulations and other jurisprudence among providers...
- Environmental health The branch of public health that is concerned with all aspects of the natural and built...
- Health (application) An application for iOS 8 and iOS 9 announced by Apple Inc. at their Worldwide Developers...
- Health (1959 TV series) An Australian television series aired in 1959 on ABC. It was an educational series intended to be...
- Fashion health A form of massage parlor which circumvents Japanese anti-prostitution laws by offering a range of...
- WebMD www
Resource for consumers, WebMD, physicians, nurses, and educators. Includes news, chat forums, health quizzes and consumer product updates.
- Health On the Net Foundation www
Guides lay persons and non-medical users and medical practitioners to useful and reliable online medical and health information. the Net Foundation. Provides leadership in setting ethical standards for Web site developers.
- Features BBC Health www
Features current news plus archives, Health, guides by subject, "Ask a Doctor", searchable conditions database, message board, and e-mail newsletter subscription. BBC Health.
- Harvard InteliHealth www
Harvard Medical School's consumer health information, InteliHealth, journal databases, a medical dictionary, FAQs on latest news and live forums. InteliHealth.
- Find AOL Health www
Find advice, Health, information about diseases and drugs, fitness tips, and news items. AOL Health.
- Publication Journal of Addictive Diseases www
Publication of the American Society of Addiction Medicine. Addictive Diseases. Offers articles online in PDF format. Journal of Addictive Diseases.
- Canadian Centre for Addiction and Mental Health www
Canadian research facility and hospital which provides direct patient care. for Addiction and Mental Health. Includes searchable database of addiction related materials. Centre for Addiction and Mental Health.
- Discussion Death, Aging and Rejuvenation www
Discussion of possible causes of aging, Aging and Rejuvenation, methods of rejuvenation, and animation tools by Aleksandr Kavokin, MD, PhD. Death, Aging and Rejuvenation.
- National, Healthy Aging Campaign www
National, Aging Campaign, ongoing, health promotion designed to broaden awareness of the positive aspects of aging and to provide inspiration to adults, ages 50 plus, to improve their physical, mental, social and financial health. Healthy Aging Campaign.
- A National Biosecurity Resource Center www
A United States data resource to enable preparation for animal health emergencies. National Biosecurity Resource Center.
- Provides Bayer Animal Health - International Animal Health Portal www
Provides information about companion and farm animals. Animal Health - International Animal Health Portal. Organized in four sections, gives advice on how to prevent and to treat diseases. Bayer Animal Health - International Animal Health Portal.
- Offering Beautynet www
Offering articles and related stories, Beautynet, plus a directory of beauty salons. Beautynet.
- A Fashion Sense www
A professional look at personal style. Sense. Analysis for color, body frame and other information Fashion Sense.
- Comprehensive Parenting and Health Information www
Comprehensive resources and references about common children's health issues, and Health Information, with parenting and medical information. Parenting and Health Information.
- TV PBS: Children's Hospital www
TV series examines kids, Children's Hospital, families, and doctors, coming to terms with injury, serious illness, and dying. PBS: Children's Hospital.
- Site Malapedia www
Site in 9 languages provides a reference to all diseases identified to date by the World Health Organization. Malapedia. Includes forums. Malapedia.
- Alexa: Health
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Health
- DMOZ: Health
dmoz.org Directory: Health