An addiction or dependency is the state of being abnormally dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming. Addictions Health.
Addiction is a medical condition characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli, despite adverse consequences. (wikipedia)
- Addiction A brain disorder characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli, despite adverse...
- The Addiction (professional wrestling) A professional wrestling tag team consisting of Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian They are...
- The Addiction A 1995 American vampire film directed by Abel Ferrara, starring Lili Taylor, Edie Falco, Paul...
- Addiction (journal) A monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal established in 1884 by the Society for the Study of...
- "Addiction" (CSI: Miami) An episode of the TV series CSI: Miami.
- Addiction Foods A Singaporean owned manufacturer of hypoallergenic dog food and cat food based in New Zealand and...
- Addiction (film) A 2004 Finnish romantic drama film directed by Minna Virtanen.
- Jojo Addiction A Czech single-place paraglider that was designed and produced by Jojo Wings of Roudnice nad Labem.
- Addiction (Chico DeBarge album) The latest album from R&B singer Chico DeBarge. It was released on July 14, 2009.
- The Adicts A British punk band from Ipswich, Suffolk, England.
- Transcript Is Addiction Just a Matter of Choice? www
Transcript of report on conflicting views about addiction by John Stossel of ABC News, Addiction Just a Matter of Choice?, televised in April, 2003. Also includes message boards on which this report was discussed, and links to web resources. Is Addiction Just a Matter of Choice?.
- Anonymous emerging sideways www
Anonymous blog about recovery from sexual and food addictions. emerging sideways.
- Research Print Media Coverage of Research on Passive Smoking www
Research evaluates tobacco industry influence on coverage in newspapers and magazines of the health effects of secondhand smoke. Print Media Coverage of Research on Passive Smoking.
- Canadian Centre for Addiction and Mental Health www
Canadian research facility and hospital which provides direct patient care. for Addiction and Mental Health. Includes searchable database of addiction related materials. Centre for Addiction and Mental Health.
- Journal Addiction Today www
Journal devoted to evidence based treatment for all forms of addiction and dependency. Today. Includes a list of treatment centres and self help information. Addiction Today.
- Publication Journal of Addictive Diseases www
Publication of the American Society of Addiction Medicine. Addictive Diseases. Offers articles online in PDF format. Journal of Addictive Diseases.
- Articles eNotalone.com - Addictions www
Articles and discussion about addictions with special sections on addictions to pornography, Addictions, sex and love, tobacco and chemical substances (drugs). eNotalone.com - Addictions.
- Family Optimum Health Resources www
Family physician, Health Resources, author and speaker, Dr.David Rainham provides a stress test, books and tapes to guide in taking charge of stress. Optimum Health Resources.
- Psychotherapist Rick Carson and Associates www
Psychotherapist and author of two books ("Taming Your Gremlin" and "Never Get a Tattoo"). Carson and Associates. Offers confidential counseling, books and cassettes. Rick Carson and Associates.
- Online Organic Mental Disorders www
Online book by Dr. Mental Disorders. Shahul Ameen discusses the diagnosis and management of conditions with organic causes, including dementia and other cognitive disorders, traumatic brain injury, and delusional, mood, and anxiety disorders. Organic Mental Disorders.
- Psychiatric When a Patient Has No Story To Tell: Alexithymia www
Psychiatric Times article presents case histories of several patients unable to express their emotions. When a Patient Has No Story To Tell: Alexithymia.
- Information Food Addicts In Recovery Anonymous www
Information on the twelve-step program and a quiz to determine whether you are an addict or not. Food Addicts In Recovery Anonymous.
- A Springboard: Food Addiction, Food Allergy and Overweight www
A brief article looking at the physical changes among those who are food addicted and those who are allergic. Springboard: Food Addiction, Food Allergy and Overweight.
- Offers Forman Consulting www
Offers preventive educational services at high schools, Consulting, colleges, and workplaces. Includes screening quiz and background information. Based in New England, U.S.A.. Forman Consulting.
- Contains Responsible Gambling Council (Ontario) www
Contains information about an organization dedicated to responsible gambling awareness. Gambling Council (Ontario). Responsible Gambling Council (Ontario).
- A Yahoo! Groups : EverQuest-Widows www
A large, Groups : EverQuest-Widows, international, support group for those effected by game addiction. Yahoo! Groups : EverQuest-Widows.
- Twelve-step Online Gamers Anonymous www
Twelve-step support network for gaming addicts. Gamers Anonymous. Includes news, explanation of the 12-step approach, and forums. Online Gamers Anonymous.
- Article AskMen.com: Dealing with Computer and Internet Addiction www
Article on recognizing and dealing with Internet addiction. AskMen.com: Dealing with Computer and Internet Addiction.
- Wanton Preventing Internet misuse in the office www
Wanton web surfing in the workplace can cost companies up to 6. Internet misuse in the office.25% of their annual wage costs Preventing Internet misuse in the office.
- Alexa: Addictions Health
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Addictions Health
- DMOZ: Addictions Health
dmoz.org Directory: Addictions Health