Reproductive health is defined by the World Health Organization as a state of physical, mental, and social well-being in all matters relating to the reproductive system at all stages of life. Reproductive health implies that people are able to have a satisfying and safe sex life and that they have the capability to reproduce and the freedom to decide if, when, and how often to do so. Implicit in this are the right of men and women to be informed and to have access to safe, effective, affordable, and acceptable methods of family planning of their choice, and the right to appropriate health-care services that enable women to safely go through pregnancy and childbirth. Reproductive Health Health.
Within the framework of the World Health Organization 's (WHO) definition of health as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity, reproductive health, or sexual health / hygiene, addresses the reproductive processes, functions and system at all stages of life. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The definition of reproductive health is complex, but not gender specific. Combining the United Nations and The World Health Organization's definitions of reproductive health, we can conclude that the definition as a complete state of mental, physical, and social well-being throughout the lifespan and not merely being without disease or infirmity.
- Abortion debate - The abortion debate is the ongoing controversy surrounding the moral, legal, and religious status of induced abortion. The sides involved in the debate are the self-described "pro-choice" and "pro-life" movements. "Pro-choice" emphasizes the right of women to decide whether to terminate a pregnancy.
- Demography - Demography is the statistical study of populations, especially human beings. As a very general science, it can analyze any kind of dynamic living population, i.e., one that changes over time or space.
- POPLINE : World's largest reproductive health database.
- The INFO Project - The INFO Project is housed at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for Communication Programs and is funded by the United States Agency for International Development.
- Reproductive justice - Reproductive justice is a concept that links reproductive rights with social justice.
- Obstetric transition - In reproductive health, obstetric transition is a concept around the secular trend of countries gradually shifting from a pattern of high maternal mortality to low maternal mortality, from direct obstetric causes of maternal mortality to indirect causes, aging of maternal population, and moving...
- Sexual health
- WHARC Women's Health and Action Research Centre www
WHARC is a non-governmental organization based in Benin City, Health and Action Research Centre, Nigeria devoted to reproductive health research. Women's Health and Action Research Centre.
- Works United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) www
Works to ensure universal access to reproductive health, Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), including family planning and sexual health to all couples and individuals. UNFPA supports population and development strategies, promotes awareness of population and development issues and advocates for the mobilization of the resources and political will necessary to accomplish its areas of work United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).
- Summaries Reproductive Health Outlook www
Summaries and links on topics including family planning, Health Outlook, AIDS, reproductive tract infections, infertility, harmful traditional practices, safe motherhood, cervical cancer, and refugee reproductive health. Reproductive Health Outlook.
- Information Planned Parenthood Federation of America www
Information and resources covering sexual and reproductive health topics. Parenthood Federation of America. Research on sexual health problems and directory of health centers in the US. Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
- Provides ReproLine (Reproductive Health Online) www
Provides up-to-date reproductive health information. (Reproductive Health Online). Full-text reference manuals and articles. [English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian] ReproLine (Reproductive Health Online).
- Improve International Centre for Reproductive Health www
Improve the acceptability, Centre for Reproductive Health, accessibility and quality of health services, with the emphasis on reproductive health. International Centre for Reproductive Health.
- A Reproductive Health Gateway www
A search engine on reproductive health topics, Health Gateway, intended for reproductive health professionals. Searches about 30 selected websites. Managed by the Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs. Reproductive Health Gateway.
- News CDC Reproductive Health Information Source www
News and information on maternal health, Reproductive Health Information Source, infant health, assisted reproductive technology, sexually transmitted diseases, contraception and family planning, and related topics. Maintained by US Centers for Disease Control. CDC Reproductive Health Information Source.
- Membership Association of Reproductive Health Professionals www
Membership association for physicians, Reproductive Health Professionals, nurses, public health professionals, health educators, and related professions. Includes news, patient and professional education materials, AHRP position statements, and links on a wide range of topics. Association of Reproductive Health Professionals.
- Provides Family Health International (FHI) www
Provides the highest quality research, Health International (FHI), education and services in family planning, STDs/HIV and family health to improve the health and well-being of populations worldwide. Family Health International (FHI).
- a Pathfinder International www
a non-profit family planning and reproductive health organization working with developing countries in Latin America, International, Africa and Asia Pathfinder International.
- A INFO Project; Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health www
A knowledge-sharing resource on family planning and reproductive health, Project; Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, supporting health care decision-making in developing countries. INFO Project; Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Provides Women's Reproductive Health www
Provides information on all aspects of PCOS, Reproductive Health, endometriosis, fibroids, infertility, menopause and breast health. Medical resources as well as health experiences listed. Women's Reproductive Health.
- Made SisterSong www
Made up of local, SisterSong, regional and national grassroots organizations in the United States representing Native American/Indigenous, Black/African American, Latina/Puerto Rican, and Asian/Pacific Islander populations. SisterSong.
- News, RH Reality Check www
News, Reality Check, analysis, commentary and information on reproductive health issues. RH Reality Check.
- A International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) www
A worldwide movement providing reproductive health and family planning services in over 180 countries. Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). Manual on reproductive health interventions in refugee situations and other materials on delivery of reproductive health services. International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
- Large Coalition on Abortion/Breast Cancer www
Coalition on Abortion/Breast Cancer.
- Provides Planned Parenthood: Abortion www
Provides questions and answers, Parenthood: Abortion, fact sheets, and reports on abortion. Planned Parenthood: Abortion.
- Links AnnRose's Ultimate Birth Control Links www
Links to family planning choices including abstinence, Ultimate Birth Control Links, condoms, diaphragm, hormonal implants, injections, IUD, tubal sterilization, the Pill, emergency contraception, vasectomy and how to choose. AnnRose's Ultimate Birth Control Links.
- Objective Contraceptive Research and Development (CONRAD) Program www
Objective is development of new or improved contraceptive methods that are safe, Research and Development (CONRAD) Program, effective, acceptable, and suitable for use in the US and developing countries. Contraceptive Research and Development (CONRAD) Program.
- General IVF.net www
General resource for reproductive scientists and consumers. IVF.net. Books, jobs and links. IVF.net.
- Includes StorkNet's Infertility Resource Center www
Includes articles, Infertility Resource Center, personal experience stories, glossary and forum. StorkNet's Infertility Resource Center.
- Condom Lifestyles www
Condom manufacturer provides product details and educational information, Lifestyles, including FAQ. A division of Ansell Healthcare Inc, Redbank, New Jersey, USA. Lifestyles.
- Manufacture Control Condoms www
Manufacture and distribution of latex condoms in Italy and throughout Europe. Condoms. Part of the Arnisana Group, and located in Grandate, Italy. [English and Italian] Control Condoms.
- Part BBC Health: Men's Health www
Part of the BBC Health site offering information, Health: Men's Health, advice and help on areas concerning men's health. BBC Health: Men's Health.
- Article CollegeHumor www
Article entitled: "Manscaping for the Modern Man" by Streeter Seidell. CollegeHumor.
- Non-profit American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists www
Non-profit organization of women's health care physicians advocating highest standards of practice, College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, continuing member education and public awareness of women's health care issues. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Perineology Perineology www
Perineology is a new medical speciality dealing with the functional troubles of the 3 axis of the female perineum (urological, Perineology, gynaecological and colo-proctological). Perineology.
- Alexa: Reproductive Health Health
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Reproductive Health Health
- DMOZ: Reproductive Health Health
dmoz.org Directory: Reproductive Health Health