This section addresses specific women's health issues on topics ranging from reproductive health to nutrition, and offers information, advice and health products. Women's Health Health.
Women's health refers to the health of women, which differs from that of men in many unique ways. Women's health is an example of population health, where health is defined by the World Health Organization as "a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity". (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Women's health refers to the health of women, which differs from that of men in many unique ways. Women's health is an example of population health, where health is defined by the World Health Organization as "a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity". Often treated as simply women's reproductive health, many groups argue for a broader definition pertaining to the overall health of women, better expressed as "The health of women". These differences are further exacerbated in developing countries where women, whose health includes both their risks and experiences, are further disadvantaged.
- Women's health Category
- European Institute of Women's Health - The European Institute of Women's Health is a women's and family health policy development institution. It was established in 1996, primarily to ensure women's and indeed all aspects of family health and well being were on the European and national member parliament's agendas.
- Gynaecology - Gynaecology or gynecology is the medical practice dealing with the health of the female reproductive systems and the breasts. Outside medicine, the term means "the science of women". Its counterpart is andrology, which deals with medical issues specific to the male reproductive system.
- Gender discrimination - Sexism or gender discrimination is prejudice or discrimination based on a person's sex or gender. Sexism can affect anyone, but it is particularly documented as affecting women and girls.
- Health equity - Health equity refers to the study and causes of differences in the quality of health and healthcare across different populations. Health equity is different from health equality, as it refers only to the absence of disparities in controllable or remediable aspects of health.
- Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition - The Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition is a global partnership of public, private and non-governmental organizations.
- Social determinants of health - The social determinants of health are linked to the economic and social conditions and their distribution among the population that influence individual and group differences in health status.
- Maternal health
- Feminism and health
- Works Women's Health Hot Line www
Works to educate the public and the media about women's health issues, Health Hot Line, including cancer, diabetes, exercise, and menopause. Women's Health Hot Line.
- Information Cytyc Corporation www
Information about women's health issues including pap tests and cervical cancer, Corporation, menorrhagia, breast cancer, pregnancy, and fertility as well as details about the company's products in those areas. Cytyc Corporation.
- Facilitates British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women's Health www
Facilitates research on the social determinants of health for marginalized women. Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women's Health. Program details, news, events, supporting organizations, affiliates, grants, meetings, publications, contact information, mailing list and related links. British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women's Health.
- Overview 1 to 9 months - Abortion in India www
Overview of procedures offered in India and laws respecting pregnancy termination. 1 to 9 months - Abortion in India.
- Describes National Right to Life Committee www
Describes several abortion techniques, Right to Life Committee, possible physical and psychological complications, and possible alternatives. National Right to Life Committee.
- Links AnnRose's Ultimate Birth Control Links www
Links to family planning choices including abstinence, Ultimate Birth Control Links, condoms, diaphragm, hormonal implants, injections, IUD, tubal sterilization, the Pill, emergency contraception, vasectomy and how to choose. AnnRose's Ultimate Birth Control Links.
- Information Contraceptive Methods www
Information on the currently available male and female contraceptive methods, Methods, including reference material and training tools, such as presentation graphics with trainer notes. Contraceptive Methods.
- Information The Body Burden - Living in the Shadow of Barbie www
Information about and reviews of the book by Stacey Handler, Body Burden - Living in the Shadow of Barbie, granddaughter of the woman who created the Barbie doll, in which she openly discloses her own battle with her body image. The Body Burden - Living in the Shadow of Barbie.
- NPR's NPR : Beauty Series, Part 1: Setting the Beauty Agenda www
NPR's Susan Stamberg talks with Linda Wells, Beauty Series, Part 1: Setting the Beauty Agenda, editor of Allure magazine about the magazine, its coverage of beauty issues, and how it chooses what goes on the cover. [6:10 Realaudio broadcast] NPR : Beauty Series, Part 1: Setting the Beauty Agenda.
- Information Feminist Women's Health Center: Breast Health www
Information on nutrition tips, Women's Health Center: Breast Health, mammograms, reducing exposure to environmental pollutants, and breast cancer. Feminist Women's Health Center: Breast Health.
- Discusses Breast Diseases and Conditions www
Discusses different noncancerous conditions of the breast, Diseases and Conditions, including causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment. Topics include mastitis, cysts, fat necrosis, sclerosing adenosis, hyperplasia, galactorrhea, and mammary duct ectasia. Breast Diseases and Conditions.
- Interactive The Gynecology Forum at MedHelp www
Interactive medical question and answer format about all aspects of female reproductive conditions. Gynecology Forum at MedHelp. Patient question is replied to by online doctors at Harvard Medical. The Gynecology Forum at MedHelp.
- Information Pelvic Pain and Organic Dysfunction Syndrome (PPOD) www
Information about the diagnosis and treatment of chronic pelvic pain and disturbances of bladder, Pain and Organic Dysfunction Syndrome (PPOD), bowel, gynecologic and sexual function. Pelvic Pain and Organic Dysfunction Syndrome (PPOD).
- A Women's Health Concern www
A forum for women's health covering pregnancy, Health Concern, birth control, menstruation, diseases, and psychological issues. Women's Health Concern.
- Site International Women's Health Coalition www
Site deals with issues of global well-being, Women's Health Coalition, and social and economic justice through attention to women's human rights, health, and equality. International Women's Health Coalition.
- Alexa: Women's Health Health
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Women's Health Health
- DMOZ: Women's Health Health
dmoz.org Directory: Women's Health Health