This section addresses specific women's health issues on topics ranging from reproductive health to nutrition, and offers information, advice and health products. Women's Health Health.
Women's health refers to the health of women, which differs from that of men in many unique ways. Women's health is an example of population health, where health is defined by the World Health Organization as "a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity". (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Women's health refers to the health of women, which differs from that of men in many unique ways. Women's health is an example of population health, where health is defined by the World Health Organization as "a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity". Often treated as simply women's reproductive health, many groups argue for a broader definition pertaining to the overall health of women, better expressed as "The health of women". These differences are further exacerbated in developing countries where women, whose health includes both their risks and experiences, are further disadvantaged.
- Women's health Category
- European Institute of Women's Health - The European Institute of Women's Health is a women's and family health policy development institution. It was established in 1996, primarily to ensure women's and indeed all aspects of family health and well being were on the European and national member parliament's agendas.
- Gynaecology - Gynaecology or gynecology is the medical practice dealing with the health of the female reproductive systems and the breasts. Outside medicine, the term means "the science of women". Its counterpart is andrology, which deals with medical issues specific to the male reproductive system.
- Gender discrimination - Sexism or gender discrimination is prejudice or discrimination based on a person's sex or gender. Sexism can affect anyone, but it is particularly documented as affecting women and girls.
- Health equity - Health equity refers to the study and causes of differences in the quality of health and healthcare across different populations. Health equity is different from health equality, as it refers only to the absence of disparities in controllable or remediable aspects of health.
- Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition - The Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition is a global partnership of public, private and non-governmental organizations.
- Social determinants of health - The social determinants of health are linked to the economic and social conditions and their distribution among the population that influence individual and group differences in health status.
- Maternal health
- Feminism and health
- National Women's Health Information Center www
Project of the US Department of Health and Human Services offers helpline for women's health problems. Women's Health Information Center. Includes news, health calendar, statistics, and related resources.
- Information Cytyc Corporation www
Information about women's health issues including pap tests and cervical cancer, Corporation, menorrhagia, breast cancer, pregnancy, and fertility as well as details about the company's products in those areas. Cytyc Corporation.
- Works Women's Health Hot Line www
Works to educate the public and the media about women's health issues, Health Hot Line, including cancer, diabetes, exercise, and menopause. Women's Health Hot Line.
- Facilitates British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women's Health www
Facilitates research on the social determinants of health for marginalized women. Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women's Health. Program details, news, events, supporting organizations, affiliates, grants, meetings, publications, contact information, mailing list and related links. British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women's Health.
- Describes National Right to Life Committee www
Describes several abortion techniques, Right to Life Committee, possible physical and psychological complications, and possible alternatives. National Right to Life Committee.
- Collection eMedicine Health - Abortion www
Collection of articles covering abortion procedures, Health - Abortion, preparation, counseling, health considerations, societal issues, and legal rights. eMedicine Health - Abortion.
- Links AnnRose's Ultimate Birth Control Links www
Links to family planning choices including abstinence, Ultimate Birth Control Links, condoms, diaphragm, hormonal implants, injections, IUD, tubal sterilization, the Pill, emergency contraception, vasectomy and how to choose. AnnRose's Ultimate Birth Control Links.
- Results Male Contraception Using Testicular Heating www
Results from the literature and from self-experimentation on the use of testicular heating as a birth control method. Male Contraception Using Testicular Heating.
- Articles, AdiosBarbie.com www
Articles, AdiosBarbie.com, features, news and polls on a variety of body image topics. AdiosBarbie.com.
- Promoting Body Image Health www
Promoting healthy body image attitudes. Image Health. Preventing eating and weight concerns. Body Image Health.
- Prof Breast Specialist www
Prof Kefah Mokbel is a surgeon specialising in the treatment of diseases of the breast, Specialist, including breast cancer and cosmetic breast surgery Breast Specialist.
- Consumer eMedicine Health - Breast Lumps and Pain www
Consumer health resource center providing information on common causes of breast lumps and pain. eMedicine Health - Breast Lumps and Pain.
- Presents Women's Therapy Center www
Presents details of the symptoms and management of vaginismus, Therapy Center, dyspareunia, vulvar vestibulitis, and sexual dysfunction. Includes FAQ, articles, and resources for sale. Women's Therapy Center.
- Interactive The Gynecology Forum at MedHelp www
Interactive medical question and answer format about all aspects of female reproductive conditions. Gynecology Forum at MedHelp. Patient question is replied to by online doctors at Harvard Medical. The Gynecology Forum at MedHelp.
- A Women's Health Concern www
A forum for women's health covering pregnancy, Health Concern, birth control, menstruation, diseases, and psychological issues. Women's Health Concern.
- Alexa: Women's Health Health
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Women's Health Health
- DMOZ: Women's Health Health
dmoz.org Directory: Women's Health Health