This section addresses specific women's health issues on topics ranging from reproductive health to nutrition, and offers information, advice and health products. Women's Health Health.
Women's health refers to the health of women, which differs from that of men in many unique ways. Women's health is an example of population health, where health is defined by the World Health Organization as "a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity". (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Women's health refers to the health of women, which differs from that of men in many unique ways. Women's health is an example of population health, where health is defined by the World Health Organization as "a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity". Often treated as simply women's reproductive health, many groups argue for a broader definition pertaining to the overall health of women, better expressed as "The health of women". These differences are further exacerbated in developing countries where women, whose health includes both their risks and experiences, are further disadvantaged.
- Women's health Category
- European Institute of Women's Health - The European Institute of Women's Health is a women's and family health policy development institution. It was established in 1996, primarily to ensure women's and indeed all aspects of family health and well being were on the European and national member parliament's agendas.
- Gynaecology - Gynaecology or gynecology is the medical practice dealing with the health of the female reproductive systems and the breasts. Outside medicine, the term means "the science of women". Its counterpart is andrology, which deals with medical issues specific to the male reproductive system.
- Gender discrimination - Sexism or gender discrimination is prejudice or discrimination based on a person's sex or gender. Sexism can affect either gender, but it is particularly documented as affecting women and girls.
- Health equity - Health equity refers to the study and causes of differences in the quality of health and healthcare across different populations. Health equity is different from health equality, as it refers only to the absence of disparities in controllable or remediable aspects of health.
- Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition - The Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition is a global partnership of public, private and non-governmental organizations.
- Social determinants of health - The social determinants of health are the economic and social conditions and their distribution among the population that influence individual and group differences in health status.
- Maternal health
- Feminism and health
- Facilitates British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women's Health www
Facilitates research on the social determinants of health for marginalized women. Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women's Health. Program details, news, events, supporting organizations, affiliates, grants, meetings, publications, contact information, mailing list and related links. British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women's Health.
- Works Women's Health Hot Line www
Works to educate the public and the media about women's health issues, Health Hot Line, including cancer, diabetes, exercise, and menopause. Women's Health Hot Line.
- Information Cytyc Corporation www
Information about women's health issues including pap tests and cervical cancer, Corporation, menorrhagia, breast cancer, pregnancy, and fertility as well as details about the company's products in those areas. Cytyc Corporation.
- Describes Abortion Services in New Zealand: Abortion Procedures www
Describes how surgical and medical abortions are performed in New Zealand. Abortion Services in New Zealand: Abortion Procedures.
- Overview 1 to 9 months - Abortion in India www
Overview of procedures offered in India and laws respecting pregnancy termination. 1 to 9 months - Abortion in India.
- News, MedlinePlus: Birth Control www
News, Birth Control, overviews, conditions, issues, research, and statistics. MedlinePlus: Birth Control.
- Volunteers Allexperts Birth Control www
Volunteers answer your detailed one-on-one questions about birth control for free. Birth Control. Answers confidential. Allexperts Birth Control.
- Articles Bella Online: Body Image www
Articles and forum devoted to improving self-esteem by developing a better body image. Bella Online: Body Image.
- Features Body Positive www
Features articles, Positive, forums, psychological exercises, activism ideas, and resources. Body Positive.
- Breast Clinical Senology www
Breast cancer diagnosis, Senology, treatment and rehabilitation, with clinical cases in senology and mastology Clinical Senology.
- Information Feminist Women's Health Center: Breast Health www
Information on nutrition tips, Women's Health Center: Breast Health, mammograms, reducing exposure to environmental pollutants, and breast cancer. Feminist Women's Health Center: Breast Health.
- A ABC Health Matters: Women's Health www
A searchable consumer guide to health and disease topics. ABC Health Matters: Women's Health.
- Interactive The Gynecology Forum at MedHelp www
Interactive medical question and answer format about all aspects of female reproductive conditions. Gynecology Forum at MedHelp. Patient question is replied to by online doctors at Harvard Medical. The Gynecology Forum at MedHelp.
- A Women's Health Concern www
A forum for women's health covering pregnancy, Health Concern, birth control, menstruation, diseases, and psychological issues. Women's Health Concern.
- Site International Women's Health Coalition www
Site deals with issues of global well-being, Women's Health Coalition, and social and economic justice through attention to women's human rights, health, and equality. International Women's Health Coalition.
- Alexa: Women's Health Health
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Women's Health Health
- DMOZ: Women's Health Health
dmoz.org Directory: Women's Health Health